“For wisdom is a safeguard, as money is a safeguard, but the excellency of knowledge is that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.”- Ecclesiastes 7:12
Xanshunta "Xan " Polk
Assistant Professor of Business
School of Business and Economics
Knoxville Campus: The Village at Hardin Valley
Dr. Xanshunta L. Polk is an Assistant Professor of Business at King University’s Knoxville campus. She is originally from Jackson, MS, and has lived in Nashville, TN, Cumberland Gap, TN, and Knoxville, TN. Dr. Polk is an alumna of Jackson State University, Tennessee State University, and Argosy University. She holds a BBA in Marketing, MPA in Public Administration, DBA in Marketing, and an Advanced Professional Graduate Certificate in Management.
Teaching is a fundamental component of Dr. Polk’s involvement in marketing society. She is very proud to create and share knowledge in a classroom setting. Students often find it difficult to connect marketing concepts with societal events. Many students are oblivious of marketing concepts and how they shape the business world. This lack of knowledge will impair research and marketing practices in the future. Dr. Polk’s teaching philosophy is based on her enthusiasm to reduce the gap in marketing knowledge and motivate students to understand and value marketing and its importance in the business world. Her teaching philosophy allows students to grasp the significance of marketing in their everyday lives and increase their enjoyment of the program of study.
Throughout her career, Dr. Polk has been interested in different aspects of Marketing and Management, especially consumer behavior, marketing management, innovation, and corporate social responsibility. She has analyzed the effects of persuasive communication, as well as, the advantages of remaining innovative through marketing strategies. She has published papers in peer-reviewed academic journals.
Dr. Polk has undertaken a variety of administrative duties outside of academia, including serving as Senior Representative for New Accounts within the Wealth Management division of UBS Financial Services, Inc. Additionally; Dr. Polk is co-founder of an online magazine. Dr. Polk also volunteers her time as a Literacy Coach for the Nashville Adult Literacy Council.
Professional Certified Marketer (PCM), Marketing Management, American Marketing Association, July 2019
Advanced Professional Graduate Business Certificate, Management, Argosy University, College of Business, Sarasota, FL, May 2013
D.B.A., Marketing, Argosy University, College of Business, Nashville, TN, June 2012 DISSERTATION: Persuasibility and Self-Esteem among Obese and Non-Obese Adults
M.P.A., Public Administration, Tennessee State University, Institute of Government, Nashville, TN, 2003
B.B.A., Marketing, Jackson State University, College of Business, Jackson, MS, 2001
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Polk, X. (2009). Coca-Cola: Long-term innovations (A case study). The Consortium Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 13(2), 61-78.
- Polk, X. (2011). Marketing innovative products and services. The Consortium Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 15(2), 45-55.
- Polk, X. (2014). Ben and Jerry’s: How to benefit from being a b corp. The Consortium Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 19(2), 35-53
- Polk, X. (2018). Marketing: The Key to Successful Teaching and Learning. Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness. 12(2), 49-57.
- Lincoln Memorial University, School of Business 2014 Spring Research Forum, Ben and Jerry’s: How to from Being a B Corp
- Comparative Study of Annual Sales Revenues in Bell, Kentucky and Claiborne, Tennessee: A Longitudinal Business Analysis, 1997- Present. Principal Investigator: Dr. Okeniyi A. Oke, Co-Investigator: Dr. Xanshunta L. Polk -- Presented at Society for the Advancement of Management Conference April 7-9, 2016
- Marketing: The Key to Teaching and Learning -- Presented at Society for Advancement of Management International Business Conference March 22-24, 2018
- Marketing: The Key to Successful Teaching and Learning -- Presented at Appalachian College Association’s 2018 “The Summit”. September 27-29, 2018
Customer Relationship Management as a tool for Higher Education Classroom Management